Sep 14, 2005
I just bought some lub that is neither water based nor oil based. It's primary ingredient is high quality silicon. Is silicon safe for anal sex?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Most likely that's silicone, not silicon. Silicone-based lubricants, like water-based lubricants, are latex-compatible. Oil-based (petroleum-based) lubricants are not compatible with latex. Consequently, to answer your question, a latex condom plus silicone lubricant is as safe as using a latex condom and water-based lubricant. Many folks actually prefer silicone, as it lasts longer and is less sticky! Try it; you'll like it!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.