Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Response to "I Beg You"
Sep 13, 2005

I feel compelled to respond to the woman who was not taking meds and contemplating ending her life because she could never find a husband or become a mother. I was diagnosed almost ten years ago and have been on medications for most of that period. It has not been an easy ride - medication side affects suck and my face doesn't look to good either - but life today could not be better.

I have a wonderful partner who is HIV negative. Together we adopted a 6 year old boy in 2000 and I now spend my time helping with homework, teaching soccer and reading stories to him at night. Now my biggest fears are not HIV - but my son becoming a teenager. Most important of all though - I became a father fully disclosing my HIV status. It hardly seemed a good way to become a father - telling a lie about my health condition.

The shock, pain, guilt and fear over becoming HIV positive is real. I get that. It never really goes away either. Not completely. With a little work and an open mind, however, HIV can bring joys and opportunities into a person's life that otherwise might never happen. I am a more thoughtful, sensitive and open-minded man because of all the shit this damn disease has put me through - and continues to put me through.

I hope this woman takes your advice and at least makes an effort to see if there is a better way for her. Who knows, that man she's looking for may be working in the pharmacy where she gets the meds!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Many thanks for your thoughtful comments. I couldn't agree more.

By the way, my current pharmacist is "heaven on a stick" and he's available, too!!!!!

Stay well. Give your son a hug from me and save one for yourself as well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Someone else used my sex toy without my Knowledge??!!
Next
anal sex always transmits hiv with positve top ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.