Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

14 year paralysis
Sep 12, 2005

I sent this question once already and haven't heard back. i guess it isn't really a question, but more like a cry for help. i am a 32 year old married woman. my husband and i have been married for 10 years and would like to have a child. 14 years ago, i was involved with an hiv pos. man. we had numerous unprotected sexual encounters with penetration, but to the best of my knowledge, no ejaculation. i also performed oral sex on him numerous times. I have lived in a state of terror and inertia for the past 14 years, unable to summon up the courage to be tested. my health has been fine so far, but i know there is the chance i could still be pos. my husband knows all about this and is urging me to get tested, so we can have a child. I know i can have a baby even if i am pos., but this is some kind of psychological hurdle that i cannot get over. what advice can you give me...please i am suffering and have been for 14 years now.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Fourteen years of terror and inertia??? That even beats Bush's (pathetic) record of responding to a crisis. I agree with your husband. You should get tested to put your mind at ease and definitively end your 14-year nightmare. It's time to wake up and smell the Sanka! You clearly realize you have a "psychological hurdle," consequently you need psychological help to get over it! My advice is to get counseling, jump your hurdle and get tested. You'll be glad you did.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Shit scared!
Next
Stopped PEP because she tested negative... is it a Woo-hoo?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.