re: hot third world latin boys

Doctor, I just wanted to add my $.02 to this thread. The writer asked why people still put themselves at risk 20 years into the pandemic. I'm living proof that sometimes the reasons are entirely personal, individual and irrational.

I'll be brief: I'm 45 years old, HIV-, single and haven't been in a steady relationship in years. I actually work in the HIV/AIDS field, with a housing provider in NYC. I once worked in AIDS street outreach. I know the facts, the risks and the consequences. But because of my present relationship status, there are days when I am just lonely and horny. I have been known to fool around in the steam room at my gym (along with other lonely, horny men). I've never done anything worse than oral sex, but I know I'm dealing with strangers who may have any number of STDs. It's just that the need to be touched by another man is all-consuming.

So, we can do HIV education and create pamphlets and smart commercials, but until we are able to address isolation, self-esteem, emotional and physical neediness, people will always do things that make no sense given all the information out there.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Thank you for keeping it real!

Imiquimod for HIV+'s....
Still worried???