another well deserved thank you

Hi dr.bob

I have been reading this archive for a year now.

I had a nearly non-existent exposure and wasted all too much time convincing and unconvincing myself that I was HIV positive.

I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the internet and in the library researching HIV.

I even sought counseling and considered anxiety medications.

I did anything to try to get an answer but avoid the test. Im surprised I didnt enroll in med school or something.

The most bizarre part of my worried well story was that I knew more than half of the time that my fears were irrational, and your words would chime in and calm me down. Its a funny thing that your mind cant always control your mind.

I took the test at the 6 month mark, but it took me another 5 months to check the results.

Despite the fact that it took me forever to get my shit together enough to confirm the fact that I am HIV negative, this forum helped me keep my head on when it was about to roll [all the way] off.

Thanks so much for what you do. You are one of the few honest, realistic and human sources of information about HIV/AIDS that I have found on the Internet or anywhere.

And trust me. I've looked.

You are the best. I think about you and your readers all the time, even now that I know that HIV is not my problem.

Thanks so much for being the person and the doctor who you are. You will perhaps never truly understand how much we all appreciate you.

You took the test at the six-month mark and didn't check the results for another five months??? Wow, talk about extended foreplay and delayed gratification . . . !!!

Thank you for your very kind words. They are warmly appreciated. It is comforting to know that the words I type and send off to cyberspace do reach those in need.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Multiple Syringe Use
I know you're too afraid to answer me