Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Multiple Syringe Use

I have been using drugs since past four years. But all these years I have restrained myself from using interveinal drugs like using syringes. But last week I decided to get out of the box and try it. But since I was aware of the risks I used a sealed syringe and did not share it with anyone. But after using it once I used the same syringe again after couple of minutes for another shot. Coincidentally I had an intercourse with a hooker the same day but again I used a condom for it. Now even though I have used protection all the way i would like to know what kind of a risk am I at? Especially after using the same syringe which was exposed to the air for the second shot. Please help me as I am in need of an experts advise.

-Joe

Hello Joe,

Your HIV risk is nil if you did not share the syringe with anyone else. Merely having it exposed to air is not a problem. Regarding your hooker hookup, if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent.

Joe, even though you have not had a significant HIV risk, I should point out that "using drugs for four years" and deciding to "get out of the box" by trying intravenous injections places you at risk for other problems that could end up being just as devastating to your health and well being. You probably don't need me to remind you, but by using drugs, you are swimming in dangerous waters without a lifeguard. And now that you have gotten "out of the box," those waters are now shark infested as well. I'm not trying to be judgmental, but rather just honest.

Katrina and Bush
another well deserved thank you