|I can't live like this much longer. . .
Sep 9, 2005
I am so amazingly scared and confused for the following reasons.
1. you won't answer me, and i don't know why. 2. I tested negative for HIV at 3 and 6 months and i still have A LOT of floaters and blurred vision and extreme anxiety. 3. I have been told time and time again that i am negative but i can't get an answer from you. 4. I don't mean to be rude but I see you contradicting yourself a lot. You say that 6 month test is only for high risk i.e. unprotected vaginal/anal sex, yet you tell some people who have done this that 3 months they can woohoo. 5. I think I may have infected my partner because after I got my 6 month negative he performed oral sex on me (a woman) and we had protected vaginal sex. Now he has a bad dry cough. I won't be able t o live with myself if i have infected him.
Doc, please take pity on me. I feel like dying, honestly. I don't think about anything else. What are the chances of me being one of those people who don't produce antibodies? I received oral sex 7 months ago and I can't bare to live with myself. What makes you so sure that I am negative? Huh? I don't understand how you are so sure that someone is negative because you have no way of knowing if I am, in fact someone who doesn't produce antibodies. I don't get you. Sorry if this seems mean but I just want to understand and believe that I am HIV negative. Thank you for your time.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Perhaps since you doubt my expertise, it's best if we focus on something we both agree on, O.K.? You state you have "extreme anxiety." I agree. I strongly urge you to seek help for this very real medical problem. I would recommend a psychiatrist due to the severity of your despair.
You are not HIV infected. Your negative tests at three and six months are definitive and conclusive. You "have been told time and time again" that you are negative. And now you've heard it from me as well. How you choose to live with this quite wonderful information is up to you. You don't have to "get" me, but you do need to get help without delay for your irrational fears, guilt and extreme anxiety.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Percentage Of Teens That Have Had Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
- What Gender Is Most Likely To Get Chlamydia?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Herpes?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.