Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: Home Access Kits?
Sep 4, 2005

By safe, I was asking if the kit is safe to use since the product is sold by means of decentralized distribution and possibly a third party reseller?

As a related question, say the product was tampered with- how long could HIV live on a lancet?

Thank you for your knowledge.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Oh my, the thought that you might be paranoid enough to worry that an FDA-approved test kit sold by Amazon.com would be tampered with in such a fashion that you might be at risk for HIV by being tested for HIV did actually cross my mind when you used the word "safe". But I said to myself, "Nah, nobody is that much of a neurotic wreck." Apparently I was wrong.

To answer your question, yes it's safe, but is the recorded voice on the test-result line that of a real person or an alien giving false information in a plot to secretly infect the entire planet????

Good luck.

Dr. Bob (or am I?)

Previous
David Fisher, Keith Charles? Wait! It's Drs Bob and Steve!
Next
Condoms 100%?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.