Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i discovered i am your son!!!
Sep 3, 2005

Dear dr Bob sorry for this title but i needed to have your attetion somehow.

I have written so many times before but you never answered. I understand that you are a really busy person but please I need your help. I have been a straight male all my life I had sex only with my girl friend which I love very much Until lately I went to a sex worker. I will describe exactly what happened.: I used a condom in all sex stages I am not really familiar with these so I dont know if I was consistent with the usage. As far as I know the condom did not break and when I ejaculated she was not on me but the sperm got out of the condom from its base. I have been really worried about aids since and I started surfing the internet until I found you. One week after I started noticing some moles are changing in my body (growing and changing in color) some new brown spots (or grain de beaute en francais) started appearing and they are still growing until now (I had the exposure on the 26 of june). I have had a flu (it looked normal no fever no diarrhea just a runny nose). What really freaked me out : night sweats. I started getting these 2 weeks after the encounter and they have occurred daily the last month. My questions are: Is sperm supposed to stay in the condom or is it normal to get out from the base? Is HIV related to existing moles or (grain de beaute)? And if not is there any other std that is related? Is it normal that my immune system responds that fast (persistent rashes from the first week!!!!!)??? And during ARS the night sweat are accompanied with fever or can they just occur as only a sweat??? I will appreciate it if you answer me although I doubt that I will be that lucky. Soooo scared!!!!! From Switzerland

your son :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sonny-Boy,

I have a son in Switzerland???? Oh my. That must mean that not only did my condom fail during a concert tour I gave there in the 70s, but also that your "mother" is a strikingly handsome skier-stud named Friedemann. O.K., never mind.

Having semen seep out the bottom of a condom usually means that you didn't leave enough room at the tip of the condom to catch the spunk. (You're supposed to pinch the tip of the condom when applying it to leave a receptacle for your jizz.) Does this pose a problem for you in terms of HIV risk? No, so long as the condom didn't break, it is not a problem.

Au sujet des grains de beauté, pourquoi tu m'écris en anglais et pas dans la langue de Molière? Alors, non, un changement de ces grains n'est associé ni avec le VIH ni avec les autres IST. Pas du tout.

Night sweats associated with ARS may or may not be accompanied by fever.

In general, I have two comments:

1. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease.

2. If you feel you placed yourself at risk for HIV, a test at the three-month mark would give you a definitive result. Taking this test, in my opinion, would be primarily to calm your fears and doubts.

Give my best regards to your mother (Friedemann).

Dr. Bob

Previous
How much?
Next
I need numbers!!!!! PLEASE! It'll help me through the wait...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.