The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

almost woohoo!

Sep 3, 2005

Hello again, and thanks for answering my question in the forum, my original question was "the road to woohoo", posted 2 days ago, I am taking the immune suppressant meds because of myasthenia gravis. Anyway, today my window period was over, went to get tested, came back negative. I feel great, although I know you said to take a pcr dna test, which I am going to do. What number or website should I go to to find an hiv specialist, or std specialist in my area so I can take the test? Once again thank you for the advice, I'm sending that donation right now. Also, any way we can hear you and steve play the piano, I would totally buy a cd if you put one out.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Any physician's office should be more than capable of ordering an HIV DNA PCR test. If, however, you want to see an HIV specialist, try the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site, They have a listing of certified HIV/AIDS specialists by locale.

Regarding the CD, we have had many requests. Highlights of some of our Concerted Effort concerts are available on DVD from the Foundation, although the sound is not concert-hall quality, as they were not professionally recorded or processed. We do hope to have our next major concert (2006) available on both DVD and CD formats. Good luck on your DNA-PCR!

Dr. Bob

Donation on the way!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint