pregnant girl again...almost woohoo but two more questions...and donation on its way!!

Doctor, a few months ago i posted my fears and i got tested thursday for HIV and other STD's. Dr. called today to say all test were CLEAR!!!for some reason i want to have the test results in my hand before i woohoo and have these two questions answered as well. In reading so many articles...i read that hydrocortisone can give false negatives...if i have been using hydrocortizone cream for a rash in my arms (4-5 days prior to testing), would this affect the results? How common are false negatives? and is an 82 day test considered conclusive? thank you for your great work and i will be sending you my contribution soon...

Hello Pregnant Girl Again,

1. Congratulations on your negative tests. I'm sure your physician will provide you with a hard copy of your results if you so desire.

2. Hydrocortisone cream will not affect HIV test results, the ability of the body to make anti-HIV antibodies or the duration of the window period.

3. False-negatives are extremely uncommon.

4. Yes, a negative 82-day test is definitive.

Now put those unwarranted fears to rest without further delay, Mom-To-Be and yell WOO-HOO!

Going crazy
Really hoping to at least semi-wohoo