pregnant girl again...almost woohoo but two more questions...and donation on its way!!
Aug 31, 2005
Doctor, a few months ago i posted my fears and i got tested thursday for HIV and other STD's. Dr. called today to say all test were CLEAR!!!for some reason i want to have the test results in my hand before i woohoo and have these two questions answered as well. In reading so many articles...i read that hydrocortisone can give false negatives...if i have been using hydrocortizone cream for a rash in my arms (4-5 days prior to testing), would this affect the results? How common are false negatives? and is an 82 day test considered conclusive? thank you for your great work and i will be sending you my contribution soon...
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Pregnant Girl Again,
1. Congratulations on your negative tests. I'm sure your physician will provide you with a hard copy of your results if you so desire.
2. Hydrocortisone cream will not affect HIV test results, the ability of the body to make anti-HIV antibodies or the duration of the window period.
3. False-negatives are extremely uncommon.
4. Yes, a negative 82-day test is definitive.
Now put those unwarranted fears to rest without further delay, Mom-To-Be and yell WOO-HOO!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of HIV?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- Can You Catch HIV In The Ocean Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.