the road to woohoo?

Hi doc, is it true that people with suppressed immune systems take longer to show antibodies for hiv? I have myasthenia gravis, had my thymus gland removed, and on immune suppresion medication. Had receptive oral with a guy, tasted precum, no ejaculation, started feeling all the symptoms in the world, like everyone else here. Took oral hiv test at 27 days, negative, about to get tested this week, this week the three month mark. If I test negative, what are chances that I have not developed antibodies? I'm extremeley nervous and would love an answer, I read your forum everyday, and you are an incredible man for the hope you provide for millions. Expect donation shortly.

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. In light of your immunosuppressive medication, HIV-antibody tests could be unreliable. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk, I'd recommend a PCR DNA test.

Thanks for your kind comments! Although I truly doubt you'll need it, I'll send you my good-luck karma, O.K.? Thanks also for your willingness to help others struggling with the challenges of living with HIV. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Good luck!

shaven or unshaven in +/- couple?
Woo-Freakin-Hoo