shaven or unshaven in +/- couple?

Hi Dr Bob. My husband is HIV+ and I am negative and have been so for 12 years now. Surprisingly, we both believe the disease has strengthened our relationship - we both now live each day as if it were our last. My husband's excellent adherence to HAART combined with our relgiously safe sex practises (condoms + water based lube 100% of the time) have ensured my continued negative status. I was wondering though whether me getting a nice brazillian wax down there would be effective, detrimental or of no consequence to the chance of transmission (albeit minute as it is)? My husband says it would reduce the risk since having no pubic hair eliminates the chances of hair being ripped out and infected fluid entering. He also says the sex would be 'cleaner' and would feel better. What do you think? I realise this isn't really of interest to you or Steve sexually but would love your input. By the way, you and Steve do make a very cute couple! Finally I would like to stress to other couples that a mixed status does not mean the end of the relationship physically, sexually or emotionally. HAART, condoms and most of all LOVE is all you need. (plus the occasional bit of advice from Dr Bob) May God bless you Dr Bob. Edwina.

Hello Edwina,

What makes you think we aren't interested in Brazilian wax jobs "down there?" After all, we watch Sex in the City reruns!

From an HIV transmission risk perspective, I'd say going Brazilian would have no consequences. (It certainly would not increase this risk!) If you can put up with the OUCHAMAGOUCHA of getting it done, I'd say go for it. There's no doubt your studly hubby is up for a Brazilian getaway!

Stay well.

please don't move to canada!
the road to woohoo?