Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

waaahooo OR booohooo

Aug 29, 2005

I had what ended up being unproteccted vaginal sex with a woman of unknown status 4+ months ago. I know symptoms schymptoms but I had a "laundry list" of NUMEROUS symptoms (incl oral candidaisis, dry mouth, ulcers, red dots in mouth and night sweats, sore lymphs in neck, groin and right arm pit) that I noticed about 6 weeks after and lasted for 4-6 weeks or so. Had rapid oral test (HIV1/2) at 12 weeks (neg) and a blood Elisa thru my Dr (HIV-1) @ 14 weeks (neg).

Wife got sisk with sore throat, fever, dry cough (2 weeks after we had made love) that lasted for 2 weeks...

How conclusive are those results? Should I still be worried and do I need to retest @ 6 months? Is a waaaaahoooo or boooooohoooo warranted?

Wrought with guilt, anxiety and oral manifestations... have apt with Phsych next week. Will be sending donation and need your advice!

Love your contributions... Cheers

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Symptoms. Schymptoms! And NUMEROUS SYMPTOMS, NUMEROUS SCHYMPTOMS!

Your 12- and 14-week negative tests are conclusive and definitive. That warrants a WOO-HOO. However, it won't fix your guilt and anxiety. Hopefully the Psych (or even "Phsych") will. I would also recommend leveling with your wife. Honesty is not only the best policy, it's the right thing to do.

Thank you for your donation! Now I'll WOO-HOO, too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Give me your woo- hoo (even if I'm an arch-conservative right-winger ?)
Next
sweating

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.