AFR-AIDS

Dr Bob, I am not a doctor or a medical professional. In fact, you have helped me in the past with my own phobia about HIV. It took me a very long time to get rid of my phobia. I now believe that I am not HIV positive, I do believe that I suffer a very common disease, its called AFR-AIDS and I can see so many worried well's suffering from it. I cheated on my wife; I had turned by guilt in to the fear of picking up HIV. My experience was low risk but yet I felt so guilty that deep down inside I wanted to be HIV +

The fact remains that stress can reactivate any latent virus that you might have. The very first virus that reactivated in my won body was an old EBV infection I had. EBV symptoms = HIV, white coated tongue, swollen glands, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, muscle & joint pain. You name it and I had it.

In my case I was relying on my GP, who I must say was completely ignorant. He said to me that it could take as much as two years for me to seroconvert. He had performed every single test on me, excl EBV. He came up with so many different things that I had never even heard of. In the process he had prescribed so many antibiotics, to be precise 14 sets!!

I now suffer from candidisis and CFIDS, ME, CFS, I guess that this is my punishment!

But I love my wife and my love for her will bring me to good health.

This a beg and plea to my fellow worried wells,

1) Take a grip of your anxiety before it takes hold of you. 2) You are not a doctor and cannot diagnose yourself via the internet. 3) Instead of searching for something that you dont have, try searching the web for symptoms of stress. 4) Listen to Dr Bob, forget about everyone else. 5) Wake up each morning shouting WHOO-HOO 6) Screw the Republicans and Democrats, vote for world peach 7) Be safe, MAKE HIV HISTORY !!!!

Yes, "AFR-AIDS" (sometimes called "FRAIDS") is a common ailment that can induce great misery. I'm pleased you have conquered your irrational fears. I'm much less pleased with your G.P. who came up with all those diagnoses and prescribed 14 courses of antibiotics. You refer to him as "completely ignorant." I'd say he's a "gross ignoramus" that's 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus. Perhaps he donated his brain to science before he was done using it. At any rate, I'm highly suspicious of your residual diagnoses as well candidiasis, CFIDS, ME, CFS, etc. this may not be "punishment", but rather an additional case of over-diagnosis! Work closely with a competent and compassionate internist (general medical doctor) or get a second opinion from a qualified medical center and I'll bet you'll find these residual diagnoses are also incorrect.

Finally, I agree with your suggestions, except perhaps the ". . . vote for world PEACH!"

Stay well.

Help me Obi Bob Kanobi, Your my only hope!
white tongue, nerves wrecked