Tested or not?

Hello, Thank you for reading this.

My worry is that i may be HIV + and not know it.

I recieved unprotected oral sex from a Thai girl on hoilday there. I also had protected intercourse with her.

One week later on my return home i had an awful fever lasting 1 day and was taken to hospital for tests. They concluded it was a virus.

Since then i have worried about being HIV. One year later i had swollen armpits for 1 week and swollen cheeks on 3 occasions. More recently i have had a horrible taste in my mouth and a whitish colour on my tongue.

I have suffered from so much anxiety, i keep thinking im really ill.

I feel that going into my last year of uni im not in a position to recieve a positive test result.

Am i worrying to much, should i get tested now, or after i have finished uni?

Thank you for your time

Test now for three reasons:

1. Your HIV risk is incredibly small and your symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV.

2. Chronic anxiety and constantly thinking you are "really ill" is unhealthy, unnecessary and unwarranted.

3. By the final year of uni, you should be smarter.

Bob - You're the greatest
Assert Risk