Bob - You're the greatest

Bob,

First I would like to thank you for your excellent work and you are the greatest.

Second of all, to educate myself and others, I was wondering if you could explain a little bit more why the odds of not every exposure to HIV leads to HIV transmission. You have mentioned - "In fact, the vast majority of exposures do not. The estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 1 per 1,000 exposures.".

For example, when HIV viganal fluid touches the tip of penil, will the virus jump into the urine tube?

Again, thanks for your excellent work. We all love you!

Steve

Hey Steve,

". . . When HIV viganal fluid touches the tip of penil . . . ." What???

Transmission of any infectious agent is dependent on many variables. For instance, if someone with a bad cold or flu sneezes all over a group of people, some will come down with the flu or a cold while others will not, even though they were all equally exposed.

If every exposure to HIV led to viral transmission, chances are we would have wiped out the human race quite some time ago . . . except for maybe those sex-phobic rightwing wing nuts trying to hijack (quite successfully, I might add) the Republican Party.

Finally, HIV doesn't "jump." It's a virus, not a frickin' kangaroo, O.K.?

Love you, too, Stevie,

Planned parenthood in Texas is making me wait
Tested or not?