Planned parenthood in Texas is making me wait

Hi Dr. Bob! I had unprotected insertive oral from someone and I am going to take a test at three months mark. But when I called planned parent hood. They told me to take one when after 4 months. So what should I do?.. Should I take one now because it's the three months mark. And how accurate is a 8 weeks test? I know you have a lot of questions to answer, but hopefully you will answer this one goofy one. I too have anxiety disorder like many others who wrote you before. I have been on meds for anxiety. but I am not too scared anymore after reading this site for two years. most of my fear from each sexual encounter turned into doubts only. I see a lot of people saying about killing themselves because the hiv fear. Those words are very insensitive to the recent diagnosed hiv positive people. with or without hiv, life goes on. Instead of fearing it all our lives, do something about it. Make a donation to help out the ones that cannot aford the meds. I am not rich, but I have done so a few times. Thank you dr. bob for putting up with all the hiv worriers out here. take care

Frank

There are many illogical and bizarre things about Texas for instance Tom DeLay, or certain inhabitants of Crawford and the fact that "he needed killin'" is considered a valid defense in court. Consequently I can't comment on that four-month recommendation. In my non-Texan opinion, a single three-month test after an extremely-low-risk behavior, such as unprotected insertive oral sex, would be definitive and conclusive.

Good luck! Y'all come back with a WOO-HOO real soon, ya hear?

rim or not to rim
Bob - You're the greatest