Thanks Doc

Dear Dr. Bob, I am a 38 yr old man living in Argentina. I was diagnosed hiv+ almost two years ago. So far, my CD4 count has been always around 400 and VL under control, so I haven't yet started any treatment. Besides my doctor, from whom I have received unvaluable support just for delivering trustworthy medical care, I have been checking on this forum and reading questions and answers, specially those posted to you. I want to thank you for letting us know you are there, paying attention to the things that worry us, it means a lot. The answers you give, coated with witty good humour and faithful to a responsible medical position are always enrichening. Six months ago, I met a guy and I felt I had been preparing to meet him without imagining he even existed. He has known about my hiv status almost from the start (before ever having sex, anyway). I would like to let others in this situation know that it can happen, that what we read in this forum about communication in mixed status couples and having fullfilling safe sex is true. I am a happy person and consider myself fortunate. I have learned that hiv is a condition, it is not ME. I am the happy person who has discovered that he can love and be loved in a sane, satisfying way. Big hug for you and for all who read your words and get comfort from them.

Guy from the South

Hi Argentina-Guy,

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your personal experience. Yes, I absolutely agree: we are the lucky ones. I wouldn't trade what I've found with Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos Forum) for extra CD4 cells or even extra days on this planet. As I've said before, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Steve and I have had more than our fair share of those moments, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Hugs back atcha! Steve and I plan to be in Buenos Aires in November.

If My Symptoms Were ARS, Would You Have The Guts To Say So
occupational exposure ..i am so scared ( not answered...please hlep)