Meds interfering with window period?

Hey doc. I wrote you a question recently with no response (you probably thought I'm just a worry wart!). I'll try to make this one quicker and easier for ya. If you remember, I had a sexual encounter with a guy and soon thereafter started having clear discharge from my penis. Didn't burn or hurt or anything, so I went to a clinic and the doc said he assumed it was gonnorhea or chlamydia (wanted $50 for a urine test to find out for sure, i said no!). So he gave me doxycycline (10 days worth). It didnt totally stop so I went back afterwards, he gave me a months worth of doxycycline and sulfamethoxazole, I took it for about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks and stopped. Figured either I was cleared of it or it was something else wrong with me. My question is, would taking either of those two meds have any impact, to your knowledge, of how long it would take to seroconvert, if I were indeed infected from this experience?? Thanks doc.

Nope! As I've posted in the archives several times before (have a look), antibiotics do not affect the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies, the duration of the window period or HIV test results.

If other readers are wondering why their particular question has not been answered, remember to check the archives!

Good luck with your test.

Doc Ur The Bestest!
Testing - Methods for the Future?