broken condom

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I was having "paid sex" with a lady when the condom broke without me realizing. I only realized after about 5 min. This was 14 month ago, is it possible that I was infected with the HIV virus without knowing (no symptomes at all)?

Thank you

Jad

Hello Jad,

Yes, unfortunately it is possible. In fact over 250,000 of the 1,000,000 HIV+ Americans have absolutely no idea they have contracted the virus! If you've had a potential exposure, the only way to ascertain if you've contracted the virus is to get an HIV test.

Good luck, Jad. We'll all keep our fingers and toes crossed for you. But do get tested soon, because it's difficult to type like this.

Newly Diagnosed
No recent answer on HJ