Aug 22, 2005
Dear Dr. Frascino,
I was having "paid sex" with a lady when the condom broke without me realizing. I only realized after about 5 min. This was 14 month ago, is it possible that I was infected with the HIV virus without knowing (no symptomes at all)?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, unfortunately it is possible. In fact over 250,000 of the 1,000,000 HIV+ Americans have absolutely no idea they have contracted the virus! If you've had a potential exposure, the only way to ascertain if you've contracted the virus is to get an HIV test.
Good luck, Jad. We'll all keep our fingers and toes crossed for you. But do get tested soon, because it's difficult to type like this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.