Newly Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed HIV+ and I don't know what the next step is. I have had some diahrea in the past week or so. Should I go to the hospital.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Your next step is to get hooked up with an HIV specialist. If you are writing from the U.S., you can find a certified HIV specialist in your area by consulting the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site, www.aahivm.org. There you will find HIV specialists listed by location. You should also check out the information related to recent diagnosis on this Web site and related links. Just click on the quick link entitled "Just Diagnosed" on The Body's home page. As for your diarrhea, your HIV specialist should be able to evaluate and treat this problem for you.

Adjusting to your new reality as an HIV-positive person can be challenging and may take some time. Perhaps it will be of some comfort for you to know that I have been HIV positive since January 1991. I'm here if you need me. Let's get through this together, O.K.?

is HPV an HIV vehicle?
broken condom