is HPV an HIV vehicle?

Hi Doc, I would be grateful if you can clear-up this query I have circulating in my head as I cannot find anything on the net about it.

Can you contract HIV by contracting HPV where the HIV virus might somehow have attached itself to the HPV cell?

I am not a Doc and dont know the mechanics of these 2 viruses but I have this fear in my mind.

I took a test 5 months ago and was ok, and since then I always used a condom properly. However I still managed to get HPV from pubic skin contact around the base of the condom and hence resulted in one small wart a month later.

I am still stressed about HIV. I dont want to go through the anxiety of another test and just need some clear cut advice.

I read that HIV is more likely to pass when you have an STD, but they dont say how. I assume this is when you have not used a condom and are exposed to open sores ( or open sore to open sore ) where the virus can enter more easily.

Also, how do I make a donation ?? I would like my question considered.

Many thanks and I hope you guys continue to be patient with all us cronies !!

Well, if you can't find anything on the Net about a particular subject, chances are it's not real. And that's the case with your HIV-attaching-itself-to-HPV theory. These are two completely different viruses that are transmitted in two completely different ways and that cause two completely different sorts of medical problems.

I see absolutely no reason for you to continue to be stressed about HIV from the information you provided in your question. Yes, having certain STDs can increase your chances of getting infected with HIV, but certainly not in the manor you describe of HIV attaching itself to an HPV cell. O.K.?

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. However, please note donations are certainly not required to have one's question considered!

Stay well.

Thank You
Newly Diagnosed