MGUS, anemia, high wbc, HIV?

I'm a 30 year old female. I've been exhausted for about 5 years now. Last June I fainted, went to the hospital, they showed a high wbc, and blood in my urine. They attributed my wbc to a probable sinus infection. In November I developed pressure hives. Dr discovered I have iron def. anemia, hemoglobin 10 something, hematocrit 32, but my periods are very irregular and haven't had one for about 10 months. Also showed B12 def. wbc of 13, and monoclonal ant. I've been tentatively dx w/MGUS, pending bone marrow test. Blood was still showing in my urine, no infection. B12 has helped some, they finally did CT scan to look at my kidneys. I get the results tomorrow. No one has mentioned HIV, but it's in the back of my mind. I know MGUS has been associated w/HIV+, but what else can cause it other than multiple myeloma, should I get tested for HIV? Thanks for your help. :)

A decision to get HIV tested needs to be based on more information than symptoms. A person could have symptoms that look a lot like HIV infection, but have no risk for infection based on their history. In that case, you would want to rule out other illnesses. If you feel that there is a real chance that you have been exposed to HIV in the past, talk with your doctor about your concerns and see if she/he recommends testing.

RMK

RISK OF INFECTION
Anxiety