Unused PEP Meds ...

Hey Dr. Bob,

I'm not sure if this is a question for you or not -- but you're the only one I know here ... so, here goes.

I was recently on a PEP regimen for 11 days and then stopped. I now have a good portion of unused PEP meds in my possession -- Nelfinavir, 3TC and 4DT.

I know that these drugs are quite expensive and that there are people in other parts of the world that are literally dying because they have no access to these meds. I'm so grateful that I live in a country (Canada) that has this medication readily available and covered by insurance. I didn't pay a dime for this stuff (which I know is expensive) and it just feels wrong to throw it away!

Any suggestions on what I can do with these remaining meds? Can they be used by others in need?

Signed, Grateful in Toronto

Hello Grateful in Toronto,

For unwanted or unused HIV medications, I suggest donating them to "AID for AIDS." It's a non-profit organization that recycles the medications to needy folks in Latin America and the Caribbean. You can find them at www.aidforaids.org.

Stay well, Toronto Guy. Thanks for thinking of others who desperately need what we so often take for granted.

Hot 3rd world latin boys
Symptoms don't equal diagnosis