Seroconversion/ARS Timeline- Hoping to be just a WW!!

Hi Dr. Bob,

First of all, let me just say, like everyone else, that your website is wonderful and you do a phenomenal job here. I seriously would have not have been able to get through what I've been going through the past couple of months without your site.

Also, (if this gets posted) I just want to remind everyone to read the archives!! I found a post that described my EXACT situation - literaly act for act - and reading it made me feel so much better. I even printed it out and saved it to my desktop.

In case you're curious, my situation is that I started seeing a guy, we went on a couple of dates, hooked-up once, and a few days later he told me he was positive. In our hook-up there was a lot of kissing, he went down on me, rimmed me, and fingered me a bit. There was a bit of mutual masterbation, but mostly on his part (to his credit,even though it sucks that he didn't tell me before we did anthing, he wouldn't really let me near him - I touched his penis for maybe 10 seconds). He jerked himself off to climax and none of his cum got anywhere near me. I haven't seen him since (I just felt that it was a huge betrayal of trust not to tell me before anything sexual happened).

In your former post, in a which the negative partner of a magnetic couple describes this exact same list of acts and wants assurance that they're safe, you pronounce his risk as "nearly non-existent." I surely hope you feel the same way about me. Two different doctors have also pronounced me to be at "extremely low risk." I had a baseline ELISA test 6 days afterwards which was negative, and another one at 33 days, also negative. Now it's just a matter of getting through until the 90 day mark.

Of course, I'm still crazy worried - I have the bad habit of biting my nails and the skin around them so I always have little wounds on my hand, but I'm fairly sure there were no fresh, bleeding ones present, and no cum got anywhere near me. I'm constantly on the lookout for symptoms even though, I know they won't mean anything, and thankfully I haven't had any serious ones.

My question (and sorry it took so long for me to get to it) is about the Seroconversion/ARS symptoms timeline. I haven't really had any bad symptoms. The day after my 33 day test results came back, one of the lymphnodes in my neck was a bit tender but didn't swell, and I started getting headaches and a general feeling of malaise which went away in a couple of days. No fever, though, as far as I could tell. A week later, I felt a pain and swelling in my right armpit, went back to the doctor, who examined all my lymph nodes and told me they were fine and that the problem was a mild tendonitis. Today, I'm feeling a little pain, tenderness, and tightness up around the left side of my jaw, but all the lymph nodes I can feel up there and all around my neck feel normal. Everything I've read about ARS on this and other websites says that they usually happen within two weeks of exposure (if it happens at all). I'm pushing the two month mark from possible exposure (56 days to be exact). IF I were having any symptoms of seroconversion or ARS how likely would it be that they would start appearing this late?

Thank you again for all you do - this is by far the best, most informed website I've found in many hours of internet surfing.

Sincerely, A hopefully WW in NYC

Hello WW in NYC,

Yup, your risk is also "nearly nonexistent."

Yup, a 6-day and 33-day negative test is very encouraging.

Yup, everyone should read the archives if they are looking for information.

Yup, it sucks that he sucked before he revealed his status, but again, we are all responsible for our own health and should consider all our sex partner as potentially positive.

Nope, your symptoms are not consistent with ARS.

Good luck on your three-month definitive test.

love from taiwan
Thanks, I hope this brings hope to others