Aug 20, 2005
Hi, I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. Doctor has prescribed Azythromecyn treatment 6 days X 500mg daily. As far as I know the most common prescription is 1g of Azythromecyn as a single dose. Is there any reasonoble justification for 6x500mg instead of 1x 1g ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. The recommended dose of azithromycin is 1 gram as a single dose. Alternatively, doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for seven days can be used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.