Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Magic eight ball
Aug 20, 2005

Doc, I had an exposure a few months ago with unprotected oral sex from a girl. She burshed her teeth before, and I am not sure if she had blood in her mouth. The only symptom I have is felling a little fatigue. This is been going on for a few weeks. I have asked the Magic eight ball on several occassions if I have HIV, and it comes back everytime and says yes. I did not have any cuts or soars on my penis, but cannot get it out of my head that maybe it got into the tip. I come to San Francisco a lot on business, and would like to come by your office to get checked. I will ask the Magic Eight ball again

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Consequently, I'd say it's time to get a new Magic Eight Ball. A single HIV-antibody test at the three month mark would give you a definitive result. The Frascino Medical Group, Inc.'s doors are always open if you need help while in the Bay Area.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Out of patience
Next
You Never Answer Truly Tough Question Anymore, Why?, Part III (FINAL EPISODE)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.