Out of patience

Hi Doc,

I've been reading your site now for over three months or just about the time of my encounter. And from all the heroic tales that I read, I built up the courage to go and get tested today! Unfortunately though, I will have to wait up to one week for the results and I am now literally panic stricken...I've never been sicker and more uptight than I am now. It's only been 7 hours since I gave my blood and I am falling apart. I promised I wouldn't write to you but I can't hold out anymore.

I know you've read about us WW's all the time and if you only knew how much we all count on your replies to give us strength and a glimmer of hope struggling with this enormous fear. If you could slip me a reply into your extremely busy day, I would be forever grateful.

I had an encounter with a Cuban sex worker about 3 months ago. It was 15 seconds of unprotected cunnilingus followed by protected vaginal intercourse. Condom did not fail. What I am really freaked out about is a tiny cut that I had on the underside of my penis at the base, pretty much where the condom stops. I got it from trimming a bit too close with a pair of electric clippers. Cut was about 2mm long, not deep and happened about 4-5 days prior to the encounter. It was no longer bleeding or oozing and looked pretty closed up. I don't even know if any vaginal secretions came into contact with the cut but do you think that this was a high risk of infection if she was +ive? Would a small cut like this still be open to infection after 4-5 days?

I've read all the archives about open wounds and none seem to address the time it takes for small wounds to "close".

I understand that the risk for the cunnilingus is very low so that worries me much less. I didn't have any sores in my mouth and I didn't brush prior.

Thanks for reading my post and I pray that you can help me out.

Your HIV risk is negligible. Your 4-5-day-old "small cut" is not a risk.

Relax, Dude, I see nothing but good news is heading your way.

OraQuick - To believe or not to believe...
Magic eight ball