Window Pain: The Beginning of the End

Dear Dr. Bob,

Wow, what a day!

First my doctor calls me back to tell me that I tested negative for HIV and Hepatitis 9 weeks from possible exposure. Then, when I get home I find your acknowledgment of receipt of my recent donation in my mail box. Thank you also for the kind words in your response!

While I know that a negative result at 9 weeks is not definitive and conclusive, I also know that it is very encouraging, and given that my risk level is low (a couple of minutes at most of unprotected cunnilingus and several minutes of vaginal intercourse with a condom that did not fail), that the odds are astronomically in my favor that I am negative. I also just needed the good news to give me that boost I needed to make it through the final three weeks.

I will be taking my final test on September 9, which is 88 days from possible exposure, and that based upon what I have read in your responses to other posters here, a negative result from that test can be considered conclusive and whoohooable.

I look forward to that day not with trepidation but with eagerness. It saddens me to read posts from others who seemingly cannot accept the fact that they are HIV negative. Come on people! Embrace the good news and get on with living your life!

I will follow-up with a sequel: The End of Window Pain and a larger donation.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yup, nine weeks negative is very encouraging. Yup, your risk was minimal at best. Yup, your odds are "astronomical." Yup, 88-day negative would be woohooable. Yup, "window pain" will be ending soon.

Thanks again for your donation. Hang in there. You are almost home free (as in free of HIV!)!

Thought safer sex practices were safe....
OraQuick - To believe or not to believe...