Thought safer sex practices were safe....

Dr. Frascino,

I developed gonnorhea after mutual masturbation and some mild frottage (no cuts, sores, or bruises anyway). Never had anal or oral sex. This is very disappointing and frustrating, because I thought I played by the rules and followed the safer sex guidelines. Now am I going to be the first reported case of contracting HIV through mutual masturbation and/or frottage?

Anyway, thanks for your work here. I think your knowledge, patience, and sense of humor have been wonderful for us anxious ones worldwide.

Yours, Disappointed in MO

Hello Disappointed in MO,

No, if mutual masturbation and mild frottage were your only risks, you will definitely not be the "first reported case." Contracting gonorrhea and contracting HIV are two very different things. If you remain concerned about HIV, a single test at three months will give you a definitive result.

Good luck although I doubt you'll really need it.

It's affecting me greatly in Singapore
Window Pain: The Beginning of the End