|don discriminate people from third world country
Aug 18, 2005
Hey Dr. Bob, This is Bishal from Nepal. I have written you more than 5 times already. Please don discriminate people from third world countries. I am sure u dont I have had unprotected incertive anal as well unprotected insertive oral sex about 4 years back with a flight attendant of BA. Since then I have been dying everyday. I cant eat. I cant sleep. I am scared to go for test. I dont have any symptoms of HIV, BUT once I had mouth thrush but was cured after the use of some kind of steroid. I am scared more of discrimination than dying. People here consider the HIV positives as the sin for the world. I am worried. Do u think I am OK? Since I dont have any symptoms yet..? By the way I did wash my penis thoroughly with water after sex I was so worried after sex that I did ask him about his status he just answered he does not have HIV. But I dont trust him.. I want to donate for your fund as soon as I will get good job. Please help me.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
If you know anything at all about me or this forum, you'll realize I do not discriminate. My advice to you is exactly the same as it has been to many others who placed themselves at risk for HIV, but are "too scared to go for the test."
1. Unprotected insertive anal sex has an estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV of 6.5 per 10,000 exposures to an HIV-positive partner. The insertive oral-sex risk is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures to an infected partner. Your estimated risk would be less, as we do not know the status of your partner.
2. Symptoms (or no symptoms) are an unreliable indicator of whether or not you are HIV infected.
3. The only way to determine if you have contracted HIV is to get an HIV test.
4. If your country considers HIV positivity to be a sin and discriminates against those infected with the virus, it's time you and your countrymen spoke out. Fear of discrimination should never be a deterrent for getting tested or treatment.
Bishal, I wish you good luck and the courage to get tested. Thank you for your willingness to help others (www.concertedeffort.org). Remember to stay safe (latex condoms and water-based lubricants) in the future to avoid further worries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percent Of People Around The World Have Herpes?
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.