A RAPID TEST AND I DIDNT KNOW!!!!!

Dear Dr Bob,

I was reading on a website that Rapid blood tests arent good for higher risk populations, i.e homosexuelles, i took a rapid blood test 14 weeks and i wasnt told i was taking a rapid blood test until i called the advice nurse!!!!!!!!i thougth i was taking a regular EIA and now my world is spinning around because it came back negative but now i feel sick (maybe stress) since the test, and i think the damn rapid blood test missed that i am poz!!!!!! my doctor also told me that gays have to wait 6 months, and now im on my 5th month and im having so many symptoms ( i hope im a WW), but please explain this to me before i do something drastic! i dont know if i could live with myself and my doc not explaining anything to me!!!!!!!! sincerely confused !!

You read what??? Rapid tests aren't good for higher risk populations, such as homosexuals??? Oh my . . . . Dude, relax. Neither the rapid HIV test nor the virus itself really cares if someone likes penis popsicles or not. Rapid tests are fine for all populations.

Next, your doctor told you that gays have to wait six months??? Oh my, again . . . .! Dude, you have been getting a wealth of misinformation lately. Hey, what does your doc say about bisexuals? 4.5 months? And what about "I only tried it once in college" guys? Maybe 3.75 months?

Your 14-week rapid test is accurate and definitive. You don't need another type of test or to wait for the "gay window period." Rather, you need more scientifically accurate Web sites for your information and you need a more rational physician. Both should not be difficult to locate.

Stay well.

CBC with a twist....
Today is the first day...