Confused with your replies

I just recently started reading your column, and I must admit I'm quite confused. A woman has sex with 3 HIV positive men, and you tell her that she's probably not infected. Another post says that the number of people infected with HIV is now at 43 million. That's a lot! It seems as though you feel everyone is safe, but if 43 million are infected, who are these unfortunate souls? Craig

Hello Craig,

Since you've only "just started reading this column," I can understand your confusion. This forum is dedicated to HIV prevention and transmission and to safer sex concerns. As such, it provides scientifically sound information pertaining to HIV-transmission risk and addresses many concerns about potential exposure, symptoms, HIV testing, etc. I can assure you that as one of the 43,000,000 folks worldwide, who is struggling to survive the challenges of being HIV infected, I certainly do not feel "everyone is safe." Nor do I feel that being HIV positive makes me an "unfortunate soul."

Just read on, Craig. Check out the archives, the other expert forums and the basic information pertaining to HIV on this site and related links. You'll see that HIV/AIDS remains a clear and present danger that we must all remain cognizant of. However, you'll also learn that HIV, fortunately, is not as easy to acquire as many folks fear. And as Martha Stewart would say, "And that's a good thing."

Get informed; stay safe; stay well.

$294.00 handshake
Thanks!