New Jelly Dildo and HIV Risk

Even after reading several of other posts I am not sure if my question has been answered. I used a new store bought jelly dildo after washing it twice with soap and water lightly. I had nevere seen a dildo before and the jelly dildo seemed to have some black stuff on its base which I washed clean. I do not know if all jelly dildos have discolorations like the one I had. I am worried to death as I used it without a condom. Only after reading on the internet I realized that I should have used a condom over it. The dildo looked new and was dry (although soft because of the jelly). I did this just to get back on my husband after a fight. I have had only one partner all my life (my husband) and have never engaged in any of the sex toy activities. And probably that is the reason that I just bought a good looking pink dildo (Benwa's My Angel)without any specific information on dildo use and safety. Should I get tested for HIV after 3 months? I checked with the store, they do not accept returns and so I assume that the one that I used was a new one. Thanks for your help.

A stupid MOM of two.

Hey Mom of Two,

"Benwa's My Angel" . . . hmmm . . . not a bad choice, but Charlotte on Sex and the City preferred "The Rabbit."

Yes, Mom of Two, indeed your question has indeed been answered several times. Have a look in the archives. So rather than reiterate all the information there, I'll just mention there is no HIV-transmission risk from a new dildo, be it an Angel or Horny Devil. HIV testing is not warranted.

Now I have a question for you: exactly how is using a pink jelly dildo getting back at your husband??? I bet lots of dudes right now are thinking your husband is one lucky guy.

Stay well. Be good to your angel and he'll be good to you.

Confused regarding the answer
Recently Diagnosed HIV+