the cdc is stupid

Dr.Bob, I tried to take this question to the CDC but like usual, I got a stupid answer. Maybe it was a stupid question. I must admit that I am one of those people who is extremely fearful of catching HIV. I like you was in the medical field but I had to get out due to my fears of HIV. Well, here's my situation. I have a four year old son. I also have a friend who is at great risk of being positive. Two years ago(yes I am talking about 2 years ago),my son head bumped my friend in the mouth with the back of his head and well chipped his tooth. I was not there at the time so I don't know if there was any blood. My friend said that he didn't bleed but I am still so paranoid about it. My son is now a healthy 4 year old and I was concerned if there is any possibilty that there could of been a transmission. Please answer me Dr. Bob. I don't sleep at night thinking about this. I called the CDC and they told me to get my son tested. How do you test a four year old for HIV and is it necessary to put a child thru some a procedure. Thanks, Concerned mother

Hello Concerned Mother,

Yep, I agree. The medical field is not the place for you!

How do you test a four-year old? The same way we test adults!

Is it necessary to put your child through the testing procedure? No, I see absolutely no HIV-transmission risk from the head bump two years ago.

If you are "so paranoid" that you "don't sleep at night thinking about this," you need counseling for your anxiety and irrational fears.

Good luck!

recent disclosure/break-up
Conservative Cincinnati Magnetic Couple.