Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please practice safe sex
Aug 14, 2005

I just found out that my HIV test are non reactive/negative. I can't describe how happy and relieved I am. I made a mistake last October 2004 when I had unprotected sex with someone that eventually gave me herpes and chlymidia. I felt I was so close on contracting HIV as well! I did my first test in April and it was negative. I am now in a commited relationship and just found out that I am pregnant. So, I re did my test again just to be sure. And it was negative once again. My message, I feel God has been kind enough to save me from HIV. So please, eventhough it is not that easy to transmit, practice safe sex all the time and know your patner well! I consider myself to be really really lucky and blessed. Take care all.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

While I'm delighted to learn that your HIV tests are negative, I wonder about your "God has been kind enough to save me from HIV" comment. Hmmm . . . would that imply that he/she wasn't kind enough to save you from herpes and chlamydia??? And likewise, he/she apparently must not think too much of me, as I'm positive. And what about the other 43,000,000 people currently infected?

At any rate, congratulations, but please realize we are dealing with a virus, not divine intervention.

Dr. Bob

Previous
scared by testing facility
Next
There is NO Dr.Bob in China.........What to do? Where to go?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.