scared by testing facility

dr. bob

nine months ago I had a 45 second unprotected vaginal insertion with a massage parlor girl. Finally went today to get tested at a clinic. anyway when I went in and got the test (results take a week or so) He asked if I had any questions.I told him no, that hopefully I'm okay but if not I know since I am getting this checked now and not waiting any longer that if my results are positive, I still can look forward to a "near normal lifespan of say twenty years or so. He said,"well not really. He then explained the following

1. Even with treatment--average life expectancy is around ten years!!!

2. More than likely since I was with "an escort" she probably has a resistant strain which means I will progress much faster!!!!

needless to say I freaked out. I am only 45 and thought I could at least look to live into my 60's!! Whos right? I thought the average life span without treatment was around 10 to 14 years but with treatment even if you have a resistant strain is around 20 years and is probably increasing with the new treatments and also the fact I am finding out within a year of possible exposure? I also thought that resistant strains tend to move slower than ones that are wild strains. I don't know if this is the right forum for this but would like your thoughts. Also anyone reading this please send your good thoughts and prayers to me for a big WOO WHO next week

The testing center told you WHAT????? Dude, where did you go to get tested? The Vatican??? The guy who gave you that information is either woefully misinformed or a Republican graduate from an abstinence-only sex ed. program. (Of course, these two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they often go hand in hand.)

So, who is right? Well, the testing idiot probably leans right(wing), but you are definitely the one with the correct information and he should not be working at a testing facility. I'm also wiling to wager that most "happy-ending" masseuses and "escorts" know much more about HIV and safer sex than the fear-mongering bozo you talked with.

We'll all send our best good-luck karma that your test is negative and that the "misinformer" is soon another victim of Dubya's strong economy (i.e. he loses his job).

Good luck. By the way, you might report this guy to the director of the testing center before he does any further damage.

Red spot and oral sex?
please practice safe sex