Red spot and oral sex?

Hello Dr. Bob

First off, I would like to thank you for being such a positive presence on the web and for taking time out of your day to entertain and answer questions from people such as myself. My question pertains to oral sex: a couple of weeks ago I engaged in mutual, unprotected oral sex with a married man whom I presume / hope is HIV-. I would also like to add that I had shaken off the last symptoms of a mild cold just a couple of days prior and had been using Afrin and aspirin like a lunatic up until then. Its worth mentioning that I didnt get any ejaculate in my mouth and I detected no precum (on a side note, he said he has never produced any and has always been dry as a bone). About three days afterwards I noticed a blood red spot the size of a quarter on my soft palette above my uvula. It didnt bleed and it wasnt sore to the touch. It disappeared completely within two days. My primary concern is that I read (of course, online) that the entry site for HIV sometimes exhibits such a blemish. My question is two fold: is that true? and would my just getting over a cold place me at greater risk for infection? I understand that the risk associated with oral sex is very low and I am wondering what an expert thinks of my situation. Im not in the habit of engaging in the above behavior and am trying my best to keep fear and doubt at bay.

In regards to politics, no need to worry as Im a solid democrat and a donation is on the way.

Best regards, Oral in Orlando

Hello Orlando Oral Guy,

Another married man with a dry as a bone boner . . . . Hmmm . . . that's the third one this week from Florida. Maybe Minnie (Katharine Harris) and Goofy (Jeb Bush) are putting something in the water at Disneyworld????

O.K., now on to your questions:

1. Does the HIV entry site exhibit a blemish? No.

2. Would getting over a cold place you at greater risk for HIV? No.

As for my being a "positive presence" on the Web, thanks! I do my best to be positively "positive!" Thanks also for your donation! It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Regarding Dubya, I saw a bumper sticker today that read: "Don't blame me. I didn't vote for him!"

Stay well.

Should I get tested? Get PEP? Whatever? Help!!!
scared by testing facility