Should I get tested? Get PEP? Whatever? Help!!!

Hi Dr. First of all, your work is great, I'm glad I found you and also glad for knowing others found you too. I received a blowjob form a transexual and a guy. It took about 15 min. that was all. But what concerns me, is that I have a small sore. It seems that it's healed since 1 month ago. After the "job" I checked the sore and it was intact, I mean, no blood or even open. Should I get tested? From what I've read at your forum, I shouldn't even get tested, but I couldn't sleep last night. Should I get PEP? Have 12 sleepless hours to decide. Could please give some advice on that matter. Another simple question, how do I donate?

Thanks for your kind comments!

Should you get PEP? No, that definitely is not warranted.

Should you get tested? Only you can make that decision. What I can do is help explain your potential risk. If your "small sore" had been healed for over a month, this would not have affected your risk for contracting HIV. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV remains the same: it's 0.5 per 10,000 exposures of insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. Your specific estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the status of "tranny and guy." Many would consider your risk so negligible that they would not test, but as always, the decision is ultimately yours. Remember that testing prior to three months is not considered definitive.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your willingness to help others.

Stay well.

31 mo neg but Dr not sure!
Red spot and oral sex?