Aug 14, 2005
I realize this is the wrong forum, but is there any way to treat scabies without seeing a doctor?
Thank you for your time, and thank you for your efforts. Keep up the good work.
John in L.A.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I do not recommend over-the-counter (nonprescription) treatments for scabies. These treatments may work adequately for head lice, but not for true scabies. I strongly recommend you see a physician and get not only the proper medication (I recommend Elimite), but also the information on how to rid scabies from your clothes and home and which, if any, of your close contacts may also need to be treated.
Good luck, John. Stop scratching!!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.