thank you for yr letter

Dr. Bob, thank you for your letter, this is my second attempt to get your opinion on the following: almost 5weeks ago i gave an unprotected cunnilingus to a prostitute (working in a high class hotel in a country with HIV prevelance lower than 0.1%). The act lasted 10 mins, there was no blood involved, she didn't have any visible sores. I briefly brushed my teeth approx 5mins after, no bleeding gums, and then again 20mins later (might have bled a little). Since then I had a night sweat at the day 21, and no other symptoms of anything, except that i have been very anxious about it and have been self observing a lot, and every little thing freaks me out? Is there any chance I could get HIV thru that encounter? Thank you very much and keep doing the great work!!!

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. The HIV risk of the cunnilingus episode you describe is minimal to essentially nonexistent. Brushing teeth after oral sex is not a problem. We don't recommend brushing or flossing before oral sex to reduce the risk of gum damage that might help facilitate viral transmission.

Stop "self observing." It makes you look narcissistic. And stop freaking out. It's completely unwarranted.

Stay well.

Semen on finger - cause for worry?
Cucumber