Semen on finger - cause for worry?

Hello Dr.

I have a question that I am sure you will find laughable but I am scared to death.

Two weeks ago I had a relatively "safe" encounter with another man. All that happened was mutual masturbation until he started performing oral and I stopped him after about 30 seconds. (I was going to stop him immediately, but come on. It isn't that easy to do!)Ok so I wasn't too worried about that since I know the risk is really low for that. However, when he decided to "finish", some of his semen shot and landed right on two of my fingers. (Not a bad shot considering my finger was no where near his penis!) Anyway, should I worry about this? I don't have any open wounds or cuts; any chance it can get into microscopic cuts or openings? What about under my fingernail?

Having you tell me to relax would probably help me to actually do just that.

(P.S. I promise to vote Democratic in the next election if you respond!)

So how far did Hot Shot shoot to spunk up your fingers? Oh well, no matter . . . you can relax, Dude. Your HIV-transmission risk is essentially nil.

Now, about that new voter registration card . . . .

Stay well.

Three Men and Me
thank you for yr letter