For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Three Men and Me

Dr. Bob, I recently was the recipient of a situation in which 3 men (all hiv+) barebacked me with, from what I can tell, minimal lubrication. Only once each... (lucky me!)

As a lesbian - the information out there in my community is kind of sketchy... Can you tell me what my % chance of infection is? I can read elsewhere for the symptoms to watch for etc.

Three HIV-positive men barebacked a lesbian with minimal lubrication??? Hmmm . . . that is indeed a "situation!"

The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 1 per 1,000. HIV testing is warranted at three months.

I'll send you my best good-luck karma your results will be negative.

Semen on finger - cause for worry?