Desperate. Going Crazy and Losing It

Dr. Bob:

Sorry to bother you again, but I am desperate for help. I went to my clinic the other day for what I thought was my six month test and found out I went two weeks too early.

I had a low risk (insertive oral) exposure in February. Since then I was tested at 3 months and then went back in at my 24 week mark (thinking this was 6 months (6 mo x 4 weeks)), but my counselor was adamant that I need to come back. I want to get on with my life and not live like this for another week and a half. You are an expert in this area and I have seen your other post that say a three month test is definitive. I would assume that my 24 week test will be about as accurate as a 26 week test. Am I correct. Please help this struggling old man who erred once and has had it dramatically impact his life.

Best wishes and a contribution coming.

I would consider a three-month negative test following insertive oral sex to be conclusive and definitive. Yell WOO-HOO, and as Tony Soprano says, fugettaboutit!

Stay safe. Stay well.

frequent (potential) exposure?
Window period extending or just post-test anxiety?