frequent (potential) exposure?

I first off want to say what an amazing thing you're doing here. The service you provide to all us worriers is unmatched.

Okay I am 23 and a grad student doing a social work internship in a hospital. Several of my shadow clients are HIV+, and over the time I've been there, I've built up a bunch of what-ifs & anxieties in my head on this topic. I have casual contact with HIV+ patients every day. Several of them cough and sneeze and hug me and cry on my shoulder, etc. I know "casual contact" is not a risk for HIV transmission, but what about repeated casual contact? You know how bee sting poision builds up in your body? Is it possible to catch HIV from one of my patients, since I am repeatedly in contact with them? I know it sounds neurotic and silly, but I just need to hear something definitive from a knowledgable source. Please answer--I appreciate your time very much.

~Shannon

Hello Shannon,

You "know casual contact is not a risk for HIV transmission" and you know your question pertaining to "repeated casual contact . . . sounds neurotic and silly;" however, you "just need to hear something definitive." Hmmm . . . O.K., Shannon, your question is definitively neurotic and silly. How's that?

Stay well. Stop worrying.

more hot monkey sex!
Desperate. Going Crazy and Losing It