Hep B from Oral Sex

I gave fallatio (less than a minute) about 2 years ago and there was no ejaculation.

Recently, my ALT was tested and found to be 70 and a retest to be 74. I have been on Lipitor for about 5 years with regular testing. My doctor doesn't seem to be overly concerned (other liver tests ok) but I didn't ask him about a Hep B test or mention my one time exposure.

I will be tested again in 6 weeks to see if there are any changes. I am married and very worried. Please advise!

I am not aware of any studies that have specifically measured the risk of transmitting/acquiring hepatitis B through oral sex. Most likely it would be quite difficult to transmit/acquire Hepatitis B via this route. It is transmitted primarily through unprotected anal sex. I strongly recommend vaccination for those who are sexually active.

I also strongly recommend you level with both your doctor -- to assure you get the proper medical care, and your wife as it's the best way and confront your guilt and fears! . Good luck.

Positive couple and safe(r) sex
Thanks