CDC Says "High Risk", Petrified

Dr. Bob, Here are the facts...I went into the grocery store and noticed a reddish brown substance on one of my LIVESTRONG bracelets (did not see anywhere else). I immediately threw it away. I am not sure if it was blood or not and did have a small two day old cut. Likely came into contact with it. I called the CDC people, and I was told this is high risk because of possible blood to open wound. I do not remember coming into contact with anyone directly. After about 10 min, I washed my hands. Initially I thought it was nothing but now am freaked out. I went through the archives and need you to answer the following: 1) Are the CDC correct this is a high risk incident 2) Do you feel testing is warranted?

Thanks for all the great work you do

I'm sure the CDC means well, but their advice on this situation is totally whacko. The chance of what you describe being a high risk (or even a minimal risk) are the same as the chance that Mary Cheney will have a three way with the Bush twins.

Testing is neither warranted nor necessary.

Stay well. Livestrong!

Thanks - many thanks...
masturbation while on medication