Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Now listen to my story... you worried wells and thank you.
Aug 6, 2005

News flash - you were right and you didn't even have to say anything.

My happy ending story:

Now, listen to my story 'bout a man named Mark, Got drunk and did a real dumb thing while fumbling in the dark, Through guilt and fear and dread this man got all stressed out and bent, and promptly got to feeling that his world was gonna end..

end that is... as in goodnight nurse.

Well, the next few months that passed, them times were really bad, All these funny illnesses poor Mark did think he had. From the sweats and lumps at night to the rashes in the day, Mark really thought that fate had picked him out to pay...

pay that is ... as in life sentence.

Well some twelve weeks later, ol Mark decided to fight, He took some heart from what he'd read right here on this site, he went and got some tests, gave some blood and all that too, today the result came back and guess what - its a Woo-Hoo!

-----

I don't really know how to thank you for the advice on this site. While it did not entirely

dispel my fears (only a negative test would do that), it helped me regain some perspective

when the world seemed very Dali-esque. I did email for some direct reassurance but in

hindsight it was such a pitiful zero-risk event that it rightfully drowned in a sea of real

troubles.

I can't for a moment comprehend what people who are afflicted by this horrible virus are

going through - I have a deep respect for their lot, and will be approaching our local

volunteer service to see what little I can do to help. In the meantime, I will happily send

a donation to your foundation of hope.

Keep up the good work - - Bat on.

Restored to normality Mark

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mark,

Excellent poem or song lyric!

It strikes me as more Beverly Hillbillies-esque than Dali-esque. But if we put a Salvador Dali moustache on Miss Jane Hathaway, perhaps . . . .

At any rate, congratulations! Even though it really wasn't all that much of a news flash, Marko!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

Thank you for your donation. Will it be in the form of "oil, that is, black gold, Texas tea?"

Well, now it's time to say goodbye to Mark and all his kin.

And I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in.

You're all invited back again to this locality

to have a heapin' helping of my hospitality.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV+ From unprotected insertive Oral.. . .
Next
Oprah to the rescue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.